chase820: (Default)
[personal profile] chase820
Well! This is update is a big 'un, just over 30,000 words. A lot happens, though most of the action takes place over a single day. This bit introduces a couple of new interesting characters, and it reintroduces a few old favorites. I can't wait to see how you guys like all of the new interactions.

I know some of you weren't happy with Sherlock's behavior in the last section. Hopefully, this one will make you like him again. We will get to see his perspective on New Year's Eve, which probably helps. I'm quite pleased with the development of the John/Sherlock relationship in this update. Don't be upset if things seem dark at first! Those two are working their way towards something, I promise.

Special thanks goes to my beautiful beta, Mustangsally78. She midwifed this bitch from start to finish and listened to all my peevishness and complaining. There would have been no update without her, seriously. She's earned good Karma in several more lifetimes just for listening to my bullshit.

So here it is, Chapters 33-38 of Miracle Year. If you like it, do leave me a note in comments. All thoughtful feedback is cherished and re-read multiple times.

Title: Miracle Year

Pairing: Sherlock/John (main) Sherlock/Other and John/Other (ancillary)

Rating: NC-17 for language, explicit sex, violence, and drug use

Disclaimer: I'm making no money. This is just for fun.

Dedication: This is for you, M'Sally. Because you couldn't find any more S/J you liked to read.

Summary:

This is the story of how Sherlock became Sherlock and John became John, long before either knew there would ever be a Sherlock and John. This is the story of how their relationship began, with all its silent negotiations and quiet denials. This is the story of how the silence came apart after the Reichenbach fall. This is the story of how Sherlock returned from the fall, and how he and John put things back together again, in quite a different way than before. This is also the story of Mycroft and Sherrinford--we all know that third Holmes brother is out there somewhere--and also other canon characters, though some have changed a bit since Sir Arthur's day.

This is a story about loneliness and fate. This is a story about parents and brothers. This is a story about cocaine and Shepherd's Pie. This is a story about London, and Los Angeles, and Afghanistan. This is a story about love. Also, sex. There's quite a lot of that. This is a story with a happy ending, though at times it will make you sad.

This is the Sherlock and John story I've been wanting to tell for a very long time. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Miracle Year, Chapters 1-38

Date: 2012-11-11 08:49 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] angela-o.livejournal.com
What an update! Having all three Holmes brothers together was quite something (and can I just say that Ford calling Mycroft "Mike" was a delight) though it's probably best for England that this togetherness happens very infrequently.

While I'm glad that the sexual tension has been somewhat resolved, I don't think Sherlock really has any moral high ground on which to stand while accusing anyone else of lying. Though it is much easier to justify ones own actions, isn't it? Needs must and all. And I also wonder how much of his anger is really directed at himself for having misread things so badly. We all know how well he does with being proven wrong.

Thanks for sharing. I look forward to seeing what comes next.

PS In the last chapter during Sherlock's high dudgeon, Sonny's last name is listed as Morstan rather than Moran. Just wanted to give you a heads up.
Edited Date: 2012-11-11 09:01 pm (UTC)

Date: 2012-11-11 09:02 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
Shoot. I knew I was going to mess up Moran/Morstan eventually. Thanks for the heads-up.

I think a lot of Sherlock's anger is about feeling stupid for not figuring out John's sexuality earlier. Especially since everybody else saw it almost immediately.

The issues between Sherlock and John are interesting. Both have lied about themselves, though I'd agree that Sherlock's lie was more egregious. But most of John's resentment comes from the Irene Adler thing, and he really doesn't have much right to be angry about that. He and Sherlock certainly weren't together when Sherlock got Irene pregnant. He's acting like a jealous spouse, but he isn't one.

They definitely still have lots to talk about. But what's for future updates! Thanks so much for the lovely comments.

Profile

chase820: (Default)
chase820

March 2014

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
910 1112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 11:49 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios