chase820: (Default)
[personal profile] chase820
Well! I was hoping to get to Reichenbach with this update, but John's adventures took a little longer than I had planned. Still, we've got lots of lovely John and Sherlock in this update. It's all about John and Sherlock, actually. And a rather delicious new character, who is played by the even more delicious James McAvoy, in Chase's personal theater. But you'll meet him soon enough.

Thanks to everyone who has left me kudos and feedback. Knowing that you guys are reading and enjoying makes all the time I spend wrestling with the boys worth it. John especially was rather stubborn this time around--I don't think he wanted to tell me some of these things. But tell he did, and I'm very pleased with the results. I suppose we'll have to see if you guys feel the same way.

Title: Miracle Year

Pairing: Sherlock/John (main) Sherlock/Other and John/Other (ancillary)

Rating: NC-17 for language, explicit sex, violence, and drug use

Disclaimer: I'm making no money. This is just for fun.

Dedication: This is for you, M'Sally. Because you couldn't find any more S/J you liked to read.

Summary:

This is the story of how Sherlock became Sherlock and John became John, long before either knew there would ever be a Sherlock and John. This is the story of how their relationship began, with all its silent negotiations and quiet denials. This is the story of how the silence came apart after the Reichenbach fall. This is the story of how Sherlock returned from the fall, and how he and John put things back together again, in quite a different way than before. This is also the story of Mycroft and Sherrinford--we all know that third Holmes brother is out there somewhere--and also other canon characters, though some have changed a bit since Sir Arthur's day.

This is a story about loneliness and fate. This is a story about parents and brothers. This is a story about cocaine and Shepherd's Pie. This is a story about London, and Los Angeles, and Afghanistan. This is a story about love. Also, sex. There's quite a lot of that. This is a story with a happy ending, though at times it will make you sad.

This is the Sherlock and John story I've been wanting to tell for a very long time. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

Miracle Year, Chapters 1-17

Date: 2012-05-26 10:34 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mustangsally78.livejournal.com


::::inarticulate mooing noise::::


So many feels, I has them!

Date: 2012-05-27 12:11 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
Our baby gets lovelier by the day . . . :D

Date: 2012-05-27 03:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase65.livejournal.com
This sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Date: 2012-05-27 04:04 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
Thanks very much! I hope you enjoy it.

Date: 2012-05-30 05:36 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] bonobochick.livejournal.com
Hey there! Thought I would say hey while I'm checking things out. I apologize that it's been so long. Hope all is well. :)

Also, I'd be curious on your thoughts should you be interested in checking this out: http://bonobochick.livejournal.com/547308.html

Date: 2012-05-30 06:19 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
All is well with me--I'm definitely enjoying the vacation time.

I think it's possible for people in general to warm up to people of color as main protagonists, but I don't think romance readers will lead the pack in that . They tend to be pretty conservative about what they like.

Profile

chase820: (Default)
chase820

March 2014

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
910 1112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 01:41 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios