chase820: (Default)
[personal profile] chase820
I'm having a shitty week. Like, a super-shitty week, much of it job related. But I shall not fill my blog with whining! Instead, I will repost three vids that have totally helped me through my currently hellish existence:


If you grew up on the Muppet Show, you're going to like this. Not only does it feature the best Muppet of all time, the Swedish Chef, but there's a bonus appearance by Statler and Waldorf.

Also, the Swedish Chef reminds me of my grandpa. Who was neither Swedish nor a chef, but never mind.



Twin baby girls rocking out in unison! This one is going in viral in about five minutes, but if you act now you can be the first person to link this on Facebook. :)



Finally, an oldie but a goodie: Patty Cake cats! This one's for you, Mustangsally.



And now, back to real life . . . *sigh*

Date: 2012-08-28 08:29 pm (UTC)
usedtobeljs: (Default)
From: [personal profile] usedtobeljs
Good thoughts for better days, Chase.

Date: 2012-08-28 09:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mustangsally78.livejournal.com
OMG! Swedish chef! Twin babies dance!

PATTYCAKE!!!!!!

I love the Pattycake cats. It sounds like my house.

:::left cat punches right cat on forehead:::
Right cat (Hemi) Dude what was that?
Left cat (Gatz) Payback!
Hemi = We DO NOT HIT!
Gatz: Payback, baby!

Date: 2012-08-28 09:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
Thanks, hon. :)

Date: 2012-08-28 09:54 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
I really do think that's how your cats sound. Occasionally, they imitate proper English schoolboys, but they actually sound like this.

Which makes sense, as they are little surfer cats.

Date: 2012-08-29 01:29 am (UTC)
tabaqui: (beakermeepbyinmonkeys)
From: [personal profile] tabaqui
Swedish Chef!
Heeeeeeeee.

And my interest in babies is pretty much nil, but they're adorable.

Patty-cake cats!
*giggles*

Have a better day tomorrow.

Date: 2012-08-29 02:10 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] mustangsally78.livejournal.com
PATTYCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Date: 2012-08-29 02:55 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] claudia-yvr.livejournal.com
The twins were my fave, but I can't help but be impressed by the high school boys and their patty cake vid! Here's hoping next week is better for you.

Date: 2012-08-29 09:06 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] st-crispins.livejournal.com
I saw those babies on FB. I can't watch them without luahging. I love how they exchange glances and smiles when the music starts.

Date: 2012-08-30 01:28 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jackshaftoe.livejournal.com
The Chef sets Pat free in this classic Weezer video made with the cooperation of the Hensons. You also get Statler and Waldorf at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOIsYA1QDuk

Ironically, this was made during the period when Rivers Cuomo topped my list of celebrities who would go "Kurt Cobain".

Date: 2012-08-31 05:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
My promotion portfolio is in at last! It was an 800-page binder listing pretty much everything I've done at my job for the last five years. Now that it's in, I think all my days will be better. :)

Date: 2012-08-31 05:55 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
Thanks! The patty cake cats always make me laugh. I love their petulant little surfer voices.

Date: 2012-08-31 05:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
I used to date a twin, and he and his brother would give each other that "checking in" glance all the time, even as adults. Twins are so strange and neat.

Date: 2012-08-31 05:56 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
I can't get into the Muppets since Henson died. They all sound so strange now.

Date: 2012-08-31 08:07 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jackshaftoe.livejournal.com
The Muppets peaked during Henson's self-imposed late-70s exile in England IMHO, but I had a good time watching Jason Segel's movie.

Part of the problem with the voice work is that Frank Oz runs hot and cold on participating in new Muppet projects since Henson died. Oz wasn't in the Segel flick, but that was because his rival freak-show project involving 3D animation was wisely rejected by Disney.

Oz claims it is about artistic integrity. Yeah, but he never fails to show up to voice Yoda for Lucasfilm no matter what the script looks like so I'm not buying that excuse.

Date: 2012-08-31 09:42 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] chase820.livejournal.com
I've been considering renting the Jason Segel Muppets, but the weird voices have kept me away. Bret McKenzie writing the music may get me back, though.

It will have to go a long way to beat The Great Muppet Caper. Man, I love the movie. Watched it approximately 800 times as a kid.

Date: 2012-08-31 10:47 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] jackshaftoe.livejournal.com
Rent the movie. Jason Segel, Amy Adams, and the other humans do the heavy lifting during the original musical numbers that bookend the flick, but the one that will really get you is when the pig and frog break out the Paul Williams song (you know which one).
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 04:22 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios